Website UniVirtual Solutions, Inc.
Title: IT Technician I
Job Type: Full-time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Travel: Up to 75% (Local to HQ) (REQUIRED)
Salary: $25,000 – $45,000
UniVirtual Solutions, Inc. is a fast-growing state-wide technology solutions provider who is looking for an IT technician who will assist senior Engineers and management in responding to customer technical helpdesk requests to include separate projects.
Candidate will be required to travel to customer sites and work remotely to proactively resolve technical issues and work with our sales team as needed to perform other related tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The most significant duties have been included in this description. This does not preclude the assignment of occasional additional or developmental duties.
- Answer Help Desk calls and create cases as needed
- Diagnose hardware and software problems
- Install and configure new computers and equipment
- Repair and upgrade PC hardware and software
- Troubleshoot printers, scanners and copiers
- Document problems and resolution for future reference in the company’s knowledge base
- Maintaining compliance with the company’s established procedures and work instructions
- Remote and onsite support of external users.
- High School or equivalent GED. (4-year degree preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related (Preferred but not required)
- Industry Certifications (Preferred)
- Hands-on experience with printers, computers, monitors, laptops, peripherals
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts and network trouble-shooting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (spelling, grammar, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years Windows Server (AD/DNS, GPO, migrations, upgrades, architecture) (Preferred)
- 1-5 years – Experience with Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8 (Preferred)
- 1-3 years – Experience with Windows Server 2012 – 2016
- 1-2 years – Understanding of network and server security concepts. (Preferred)
- 1-2 years – Apple OS (Preferred)
- Ability to use support sites and search engines to resolve issues
- Ability to accurately enter information into a helpdesk database
- A positive attitude and the ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- A willingness to provide a high level of customer service, while working within department and company guidelines
- Must be highly organized and be able to multi-task, as well as, manage projects, time, and meet target dates
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com