Website UniVirtual Solutions, Inc.
Title: IT Technician II
Job Type: Full-time – School Environment
Job Duration: Indefinite
Salary: hourly, based on exp.
Travel: Up to 25%
UniVirtual Solutions, Inc. is a fast-growing, state-wide technology solutions provider who is looking for an IT technician who will serve as the primary point of contact for all technical issues and customer technical helpdesk requests (to include separate projects) in a school environment.
Candidate will be required to report to our client’s site (in McDonough, GA) and work to proactively resolve technical issues and complete project tasks. THIS IS A FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT. Technician will be responsible for maintaining computer and network equipment, meeting the technology needs of the school, and documenting information. This technician will also report to headquarters once a week.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The most significant duties have been included in this description. This does not preclude the assignment of occasional additional or developmental duties.
- Answer Help Desk calls, monitor incoming cases, and create tickets as needed
- Diagnose hardware and software problems
- Install and configure new computers and equipment
- Repair and upgrade PC hardware and software
- Troubleshoot printers, scanners, projectors, and copiers
- Document problems and resolution for future reference in the company’s knowledge base
- Maintain compliance with the company’s established procedures and work instructions
- Remote and onsite support of external user
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related (Preferred but not required)
- Industry Certifications (Preferred)
- Hands-on experience with printers, computers, monitors, laptops, peripherals
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts and network trouble-shooting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (spelling, grammar, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years – Experience with VMware (vsphere/view, upgrades, migrations and architecture
- 2-3 years – Experience with Windows Server (AD/DNS, GPO, migrations, upgrades, architecture) (Required)
- 1-2 years – Experience with VMware vSphere and vCenter software 5.1 – 6
- 3-5 years – Experience with Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8 (Required)
- 2-3 years – Experience with Windows Server 2003 – 2012 R2 (Required)
- 2-4 years – Understanding of network and server security concepts. (Required)
- 1-2 years – Understanding of Active Directory / DNS / GPO (Required)
- 1-2 years – Apple OS (Required)
- Ability to use support sites and search engines to resolve issues (Required)
- Ability to accurately enter information into a helpdesk database (Required)
- A positive attitude and the ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- A willingness to provide a high level of customer service, while working within department and company guidelines
- Must be highly organized and be able to multi-task, as well as, manage projects, time, and meet target dates
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com