Website UniVirtual Solutions, Inc.
Title: IT Technician 1
Job Type: Full-time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Salary: hourly, based on exp.
Travel: Up to 75% (Local to HQ) (REQUIRED)
Headquartered in McDonough, GA, UniVirtual Solutions (UVS) is the leader in Cyber Security Services, Managed IT Services, Database Management, and Infrastructure Management. Since 2009, we have developed our IT solutions and service offerings around the critical technology needs and challenges that today’s businesses face. We specialize in planning, implementing and managing business-critical systems for small, mid-sized to enterprise businesses including government agencies. Our highly trained and experienced experts help companies benefit from innovative technology and increase company profit and ROI. Our customers quickly realize up front that our technical expertise and passion to provide the right solutions cannot be matched.
Candidate will provide remote/onsite helpdesk support, travel to customer sites, proactively resolve technical issues, and work with our technical team as needed to perform other related tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer Help Desk calls and create cases as needed
- Diagnose hardware and software problems
- Install and configure new computers, servers, and network equipment
- Repair and upgrade PC hardware and software
- Troubleshoot printers, scanners and copiers
- Document problems and resolution for future reference in the company’s knowledge base
- Maintaining compliance with the company’s established procedures and work instructions
- Remote and onsite support of external users.
- Willing to assist as needed with other duties and responsibilities
- Ability to proactively resolve issues and request as required based on demand
- Possess a great attitude, ethics, desire to learn, self-management, and ability to work with a team as a team player
- High School or equivalent GED. (4-year degree preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related (Preferred but not required)
- Industry Certifications (Preferred)
- Hands-on experience with servers, printers, computers, monitors, laptops, peripherals
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts and network trouble-shooting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (spelling, grammar, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years – Understanding and working knowledge with virtualization
- 2-3 years – Windows Server (AD/DNS, GPO, Hyper-V, migrations, upgrades, architecture)
- 2-4 years – Experience with Windows 7 Pro, Windows 10
- 2-4 years – Experience with networking concept (VLANs, routing, trunk, SNMP)
- 1-2 years – Understanding of network and server security concepts.
- Ability to use support sites and search engines to resolve issues (Required)
- Ability to accurately enter information into a helpdesk database (Required)
- A positive attitude and the ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- A willingness to provide a high level of customer service, while working within department and company guidelines
- Must be highly organized and be able to multi-task, as well as, manage projects, time, and meet target dates
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org